Rosy Onion SoupFrom keni 4 years ago
- 3-4 cups onions(red or sweet, preferably), sliced very thin shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 stick plus 1T butter(the T softened) shopping list
- 1 bottle spicy tomato juice or V8 type cocktail(about 48oz) shopping list
- 3 cups stock(beef, vegetable) shopping list
- fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- fresh basil shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced in 6 slices shopping list
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella, Swiss or muenster cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In Dutch oven or large soup pot, cook onions and garlic in butter until tender.
- Add tomato juice, stock, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Lightly butter both sides of all slices of bread.
- Spoon soup into oven safe bowls, top each with one slice of bread and add 1/4 cup cheese to top of bread.
- Broil about 3 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with parsley and serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating5 people
I'm stuffed and this STILL sounds good. Where do you come up with these? ;')justjakesmom in Everett loved it
I like the tomato going on in this. I just bought some really sweet vidalia onions that would be perfect. Will try it sooon. Thanks! Have a beautiful day!fishtrippin in Estelline loved it
Delicious...and really warms you up on a cold day (is 65 cold?) lol! A tiny bit more in the IMI Rosy Onion Soupmommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it