Snickerdoodle Doo FavoriteFrom shirleyoma 6 years ago
- * 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- * 1/3 Cup sugar shopping list
- * 1/3 Cup brown sugar shopping list
- * 1 egg shopping list
- * 1 Cup All Purpose flour shopping list
- * 1 Tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- * ½ teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- * ¼ teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- cinnamon sugar - whisk well to incorporate shopping list
- * ½ Cup sugar shopping list
- * 3 Tablespoons ground cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Cream butter until soft, smooth and light.
- 2 Add both sugars to creamed butter and mix until fully incorporated, and lighter in color. Add salt.
- Cream the butter and sugars until fully incorporated and light in color (right).
- 3 Stirring vigorously, add egg to mixture and beat until batter looks uniform.
- 4 Sift flour, cornstarch and baking soda, and fold, in three additions, into bowl to create cookie dough.
- 5 Form balls of dough with soup spoon and plop in cinnamon sugar, swirling to coat.
- 6 On a buttered or parchment lined cookie sheet, place dough balls 3 inches apart. Flatten dough slightly and sprinkle about half a tablespoons worth of cinnamon sugar on flattened surface.
- 7 Set first timer for 7 minutes. Turn pan around and set second timer for 7 minutes. If you are using a buttered pan they might be done at this point, or need another minute. If you’re using parchment, cookies will take 2-3 minutes more. You are looking for golden edges and a blonde middle.
- 8 Cool on baking sheet and eat as soon as possible. Snickerdoodles will keep in an airtight container, at room temperature for 3 days, but they are best eaten the day they’re made.
- Makes 12-18 cookies.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookshirleyoma Cove, OR
The Rating12 people
Shirleyoma...I just love this classic cookie. Thanks.greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Hi Shirley :) I love these---TY for posting! :) I've missed you, Shirley--how have you been?bakermel in Topeka loved it
Did you go on Vacation? I always did love these cookies but for some reason, I never had the recipe. Thanks Shirley!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it