Red Beefy Bow Ties made with chuck roastFrom donman 6 years ago
- 3-4 Lb. chuck roast shopping list
- onion powder shopping list
- garlic powder shopping list
- worcestershire sauce shopping list
- Donnie’s cajun seasoning Mix (or equivalent) (Recipe on my profile page) shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- 1 gal size zip loc bag shopping list
- 45 oz. jar of Ragu’ traditional pasta sauce shopping list
- ½ teaspoon of sugar shopping list
- Pam cooking spray shopping list
- 12 oz. bag of bow ties pasta shopping list
How to make it
- Remove as much fat as possible from the chuck roast then cut it into large pieces. (1 ½ to 2 inches)
- Sprinkle the pieces of roast with the onion powder, garlic powder, worcestershire sauce, cajun seasoning mix, salt and pepper.
- Mix and coat the seasonings on the meat well and put all of the pieces into the zip loc bag and seal the bag.
- Let meat stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Spray a 5-6 qt. Dutch oven with PAM.
- On medium heat, brown the meat until all sides are brown.
- Add Ragu’ and sugar to the meat and cook until the Ragu’ starts to bubble.
- Cover the Dutch oven and put into the 300 deg. oven for 2 ½ hours, or until the meat is tender, stirring every ½ hour.
- Remove from oven and cook the bow ties pasta according to the package instructions while the gravy and meat rest.
- Mix the gravy, meat and pasta and enjoy.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookdonman Hammond, LA
The Rating6 people
Have not had red gravy in years! I will have to dig out my Italian one to post!
Wonderful! Wonder if I could do in the slow cooker?linebb956 in La Feria loved it
This sounds fantastic.I have a roast in the crock pot cooking right now but I used the mushroon soup Recipe. I will try this one next time.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
High Five, Don! Beautiful dish! Thanks :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!