Bean Pie Muslim DessertFrom goblue434 6 years ago
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell shopping list
- 2 eggs, (lightly beaten) shopping list
- 1 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- 2 cups cooked navy beans (mashed & pushed thru sieve to remove any skins if desired) shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground ginger shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine the eggs and evaporated milk in a bowl.
- Add beans, sugar and all spices.
- Beat at low speed of a mixer until well blended.
- Pour imixture into an unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for another 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm topped with whipped cream or you can let cool
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookgoblue434 Anniston, AL
The Rating17 people
I believe this would be quite nice. Beans have a taste and consistency that I could see it working successfully in a sweet dish.elgab89 in Toronto loved it
I can't wait to try this!! Bookmarked!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Very unique and unusual! Great post, high 5!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!