SOUR CREAM CORNBREADFrom bestcooker 8 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2/3 cup cornmeal (I use Quaker Oats brand yellow cornmeal) shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 cup (4 Tablespoons) butter, melted and cooled a few minutes shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup "real" sour cream (NOT low-fat or no-fat varieties) shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix melted butter and sugar together well. One at a time, add eggs and mix well after each addition. Stir in sour cream and milk. Add flour mixture and stir just until combined. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Variation: Spoon batter into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Bake 15-18 minutes.
The Cookbestcooker NA
The Rating8 people
Hi lilliancooks! We love cornbread in this house and I've got at least a half dozen different recipes. This one sounds good and I've bookmarked it to try in the near future.
Hi again, lillian. Tried the cornbread tonight and LOVED it. Moist and a little sweet, but really light and fluffy. Three of us ate nearly 3/4 of the pan ourselves! This one is definitely going in my recipe book.
Bestcooker, this cornbread is FABULOUS! Thanks for listing it!