Heart Healthy Spanish RiceFrom jemison 5 years ago
- cooking spray shopping list
- ½ c white onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 ½ c brown rice shopping list
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 2 celery stalks, diced shopping list
- 2 jalapeno peppers, deseeded and diced shopping list
- 2 c tomatoes, seeded and diced shopping list
- 3 c water shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2 t chili powder shopping list
- 1 t cumin shopping list
- 1/4 t cayenne pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a pot over medium heat sauté onion, garlic in cooking spray until onion is translucent.
- Add water, rice, bell pepper, celery, jalapenos, tomatoes to onion and garlic.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and add chili powder, cumin, cayenne and coriander.
- Continue to simmer for 50 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 14
- ariadnebarzane Phoenix, AZ
- cookingfun Chicago, IL
- bray_taylor Nowhere, Us
- wholehealthrns Longmont, CO
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- chihuahua Sonoma County, USA
- toleliz Burlington, Canada
- lovinfood420 Cambridge, CA
- kaylynn Tomball, TX
- Plus 4 othersFrom around the world!