Cool Cucumber Or Radish Rye Tea SandwichesFrom krumkake 8 years ago
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- about 4 tablespoons mayonnaise (do not use Miracle Whip salad dressing) shopping list
- about 1 tablespoon dry ranch dressing mix shopping list
- ½ teaspoon (or more or less, per your taste) dried dill weed shopping list
- 1or 2 cucumber, peeled and sliced thin OR several thinly sliced radishes shopping list
- Party rye bread slices, or your bread of preference with crusts removed (I really like the dark rye or pumpernickle with this) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix cream cheese with just enough mayonnaise to make it a spreadable consistency; season this with the dry Ranch Dressing mix and dill weed, adding just enough to your taste preference.
- Spread one side of the bread slice with cream cheese mixture and top with 2 or 3 cucumber slices or enough radish slices to cover the bread.
- Cover sandwiches tightly with saran or foil and chill before serving.
- I find the flavor of these little sandwiches is best if they are chilled 2 or 3 hours before serving.
- NOTE: Mixing a platter with some of each sandwich makes for a pretty presentation - the green of the cucumbers and the bright red edges and white centers of the radishes look very nice together.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating7 people
Spiked tea in the afternoon? (it's after five somewhere, as the saying goes.) I'm hopping on a plane now and will be there for these adorable sandwiches. :-)borinda in SoCal loved it
Yum. This recipe sounds like a great appetizer. My daughters are into the ranch dressing mix. Im sure they will enjoy this recipe! Thank you.michellem in Idaho loved it
Love these little ditty's! Have not had in years!linebb956 in La Feria loved it