Amish Friendship Banana Nut BreadFrom cherylannxo 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 4 large ripe bananas shopping list
- 2 cups Amish Friendship bread Starter* (see footnote for recipe URL) shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- ---*footnote - Url to: bread-starter.html">Amish Friendship Bread Starter (jones2888) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325*. Grease 2 - 9x5" loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mash together the shortening and the bananas, then stir in the ingredients up to and including the walnuts.
- Sift together the remaining ingredients.
- Fold into the banana mixture.
- Divide batter evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool loaf on racks for 10 minutes, then remove loaf from pan. Set on racks to cool completely.
The Cookcherylannxo Santa Nella, CA
The Rating5 people
Have made the Amish Friendship Bread but never made it with the bananas and nuts....sounds good. You have my 5.bobbijo in Wayland loved it
I love Amish friendship bread, the added banana's has to be just so tasty.taylorsue82 in Wapakoneta loved it
Love those amish friendship breads, great post, thanks for sharing, you have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it