Browned Butter Caramel FrostingFrom krumkake 7 years ago
How to make it
- In a small saucepan, gently simmer butter just until it starts to change color (don’t let it burn – you just want to see the color change ever so slightly).
- Remove pan from heat and stir in brown sugar and cream.
- Return to heat and bring mixture to a boil; gently simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat again.
- Stir in powdered sugar, beating until frosting is smooth and creamy.
- This frosting begins to harden as it cools, so if this happens before you are done frosting, just stir in a bit of cream or milk until thin enough to spread again.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating20 people
Yup, this is keeper. Super HI-5.
theoldprof in Belleville loved it
Delicious, Great photos-Think I could eat this by the spoonfull.marky90 in Dearborn loved it
This recipe makes my mouth "water"!
Thank-you so much for sharing a
mjcmcook in Beach City loved it