Chocolate And Peanut Butter Dream BarsFrom krumkake 7 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- ½ cup brown sugar shopping list
- ½ cup softened butter shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips shopping list
- ½ cup peanut butter chips shopping list
- NOTE: These can also be made with chocolate chips and butterscotch chips, or all chocolate chips – whatever combination you like...I'm sure milk or dark chocolate and white chocolate would be another good combination, or perhaps part chips and part toffee bits - lots of variations possible with these. shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3 tablespoons boiling water shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- For crust, cream together sugar and butter until smooth, then stir in flour until well blended.
- Press crust into lightly sprayed 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes; remove from oven and top immediately with the filling.
- While crust is baking, prepare filling by mixing together eggs, brown sugar and extract.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt until well blended.
- Stir in chips and incorporate into batter thoroughly.
- Pour filling over partially baked crust, then return pan to oven and bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes, until done.
- Drizzle glaze over filling while it is still a bit warm.
- For glaze, mix cocoa, butter and boiling water in a small saucepan, cooking over low heat until mixture is thick and smooth.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in powdered sugar; add a little milk or water if too thick to drizzle.
- Drizzle frosting over slightly warm bars.
- Cool bars completely before cutting into squares and storing in tightly covered container.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating12 people
Let me be the first to give you a high 5 for these deliciously decadent and chocolaty squares. Saved for later this week. thankyou!
Bettyrecipesrule in Winnipeg loved it
Yummy..Hign FIVE * * * * *lanacountry in Macon loved it
My favorite foods chcoalte and Peanutbutter thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!