Mango upside-down cakeFrom ahmed1 7 years ago
- 3 mangos, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 60 grams butter shopping list
- 2 tbsp honey shopping list
- 220 grams brown cane sugar shopping list
- butter cake: shopping list
- 170 grams flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- 125 grams butter, unsalted at room temperature shopping list
- 250 grams granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole milk at room temperature shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F, butter a 23cm round cake pan. Line with parchment paper and butter the paper.
- In a saucepan over a medium heat, combine butter, honey ,and brown sugar .Heat, stirring till all melt and the mix is smooth about 6 minutes. Pour mixture in the prepared pan. Tilt the pan so that caramel covers the entire surface. Arrange Mango slices over the edge and arrange 5-6 slices over the center .Press lightly. Set aside.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar for 3 minutes till light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Each should be beaten for 1minute.Add the vanilla and beat again scraping the bowl sides with a rubber spatula.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and add one third to butter mixture and beat. Add one third of the milk and beat on low speed. Continue alternately adding the ingredients in the same manner ending with the last third of the flour mixture. Pour the batter over the pineapple slices and spread it evenly leveling the top.
- Bake for 80 minutes till springy to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 5 minutes. Flip it on a serving dish. Served warm or cold.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating20 people
lovely recipe! Saved and 5 forks up, of course!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Good Morning Ahmed! This recipe uses my most favourite fruit. I am very anxious to try this wonderful cake winner of yours. Thank you so very much for sharing it.lor in Toronto loved it
love anythging mango!midgelet in Eastern loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!