All American apple pieFrom ahmed1 8 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- 12 tbsp butter, cold and diced shopping list
- 7 tbsp iced water shopping list
- apple filling: shopping list
- 1/3 to 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 8 medium sized apples (a medium apple = about 1 cup) shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- 2 tbsp milk, for glazing shopping list
How to make it
- Make crust:
- Mix flour and salt in a food processor, add diced butter and process until mixture resembles bread crumbs. Add iced water and mix until dough forms a ball. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface, knead it together, and then divide in half.
- Flatten each half into a disk, wrap and chill for at least half an hour.
- Roll out one of the disks on a lightly floured surface until you have a circle of 12 inches in diameter.
- Put the circle in a 9" pie plate, trimming any extra dough from the edges with a rolling pin. Return it to the refrigerator until you make the filling.
- Heat oven to 390F.
- Peel, core and cut the apples into dices .Mix sugar, flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt in large bowl. Stir in apples. Pour into pastry-lined pie plate. Dot with butter .Cover with top crust and seal the edges. Cut slits in the top. Using a cookie cutter make decorative shapes with the rest of the dough (hearts flours or leaves).
- Glaze with a little milk on the top. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serving idea:
- Cut into wedges, scoop vanilla ice cream ball over the top and drizzle with rich caramel sauce.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating25 people
Very, very good! Beautiful. Delicious.rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
Ahmed your All American Apple Pie has stolen my heart.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Love it..so pretty. I love all the little cut out designs you put on top. Very nice!michellem in Idaho loved it