Roasted Chicken With Curry Leaves And SpicesFrom trigger 8 years ago
- 1 medium onion, rough chop, divided shopping list
- 2 carrots, chopped, divided shopping list
- 2 celery ribs, rough chop, divided shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled, divided shopping list
- 8-10 curry leaves, divided shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander, whole shopping list
- 1 teaspoon allspice, whole, divided shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, whole, divided shopping list
- 1 (4-5 lb) chicken, whole, fresh shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garam masala shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Spray the bottom of a roasting pan with cooking spray, and then place 1/2 of the onions, carrots, celery and garlic in pan.
- Wash then dry chicken. Stuff with remaining vegetables and half of the curry leaves, coriander, allspice and cumin. Rub graham masala under chicken skin onto meat.
- Place chicken into roasting pan. Place remaining curry leaves, coriander, allspice and cumin on top of and around chicken.
- Roast chicken in a oven set at 350°F for about 85 minutes to 1..5 hours or until done.
- Remove chicken from oven and let rest for 30 minutes before carving
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating12 people
now youre talking michael my friend this is wonderful........i love it thank you ..........sherryminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Looks wonderful!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Michael, this looks marvelous! I love the garlic and the cumin...mmmmm, yum! Thanks for posting it, and thanks for joining my new group!!!
~Laura ;Dlaurakaay in Oroville loved it