Garlic FocacciaFrom loxy 6 years ago
- Dough: shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1 pkg dry yeast (about 2 1/4 tsp shopping list
- 1 cup warm water (111° – 110°) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt shopping list
- 2 1/3 cups plus 2 Tbl all-purpose flour, divided (about 11 1/4 oz) shopping list
- Cooking spray: shopping list
- 1 Tbl olive oil shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 Tbl chopped fresh herb of choice (thyme, rosemary, etc.) shopping list
- 3/4 tsp course sea salt shopping list
How to make it
- Dissolve sugar and Yeast in 1 cup warm water in a large bowl
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in fine sea salt.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups & spoons, level w/ knife.
- Add 2 cups plus 2 Tbls flour, stirring to form a soft dough.
- Knead dough until smooth and elastic (about 8 min).
- Add enough of remaining 1/3 cup flour (1 Tbl at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands.)
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, 45 min or until doubled in size.
- Gently press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, dough has risen enough.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over med-low heat.
- Add garlic; cook 5 min or until fragrant.
- Remove garlic from oil w/ slotted spoon and discard, remove pan from heat.
- Place dough on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Pat into a 12 x 8 " rectangle.
- Brush barlic oil over dough.
- Sprinkle with herb (thyme, rosemary, etc.)
- Cover and let rise 25 minutes or until double in size.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- make indentations in top of dough using the handle of a wooden spoon or your fingertips.
- Sprinkle dough evenly with coarse sea salt.
- Bake at 425° for 14 minuts or until lightly browned.
- Remove from pan, cool on a wire rack.
People Who Like This Dish 10
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- lunasea Orlando, FL
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- peepers NJ
- turtle66 Sacramento, CA
- slowbutsteady East Wenatchee, WA
- shelleygriffin39 Georgetown, TX
- grk Houston, TX
- blondie337 Torrington, CT
- lura Welcome To, KS
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookloxy The World, KS
The Rating7 people
I love good Focaccia...Gr8t postturtle66 in Sacramento loved it
I love to eat my sandwiches on warm focaccia bread...thanks for the recipe!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Ohhhhhhhhhh GARLIC! I love it and any recipe that calls for it. Thanks for sharing a great 5 fork recipe.peepers in loved it