Sour Cream Lemon PieFrom krumkake 6 years ago
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 3½ tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind shopping list
- ½ cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- ¼ cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 pie crust, baked and cooled shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 4 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 lemon, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, rind, juice, eggs and milk in heavy saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in butter; cool to room temperature.
- Stir in sour cream and pour filling into baked and cooled pie crust.
- For topping, whip the whipping cream with the sugar until stiff peaks form. You can always use Cool Whip, but there’s nothing that beats real whipped cream for flavor!
- Spread whipped cream over top of pie.
- At serving, top each pie slice with a lemon "twist" (a thin slice of lemon, with one cut from the outer edge to the center of the slice, the 2 cut edges then separated in opposite directions and the ends poked into the whipped cream, making the slice “stand up” on the pie slice). I've also garnished each slice with a candy lemon "fruit slice" like you can buy at the candy stores...very pretty either way.
- Keep refrigerated.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating9 people
Oh Krum....this sounds so summery and refreshing. Thank you for sharing!jett2whit in Union City loved it
I love lemon pie. This will be great. L.lasaf in St. Paul loved it
I know this lemon pie must have a unique taste with the sour cream in it. Sounds wonderful!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!