Sour Cream Lemon PieFrom krumkake 7 years ago
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 3½ tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind shopping list
- ½ cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- ¼ cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 pie crust, baked and cooled shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 4 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 lemon, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, rind, juice, eggs and milk in heavy saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in butter; cool to room temperature.
- Stir in sour cream and pour filling into baked and cooled pie crust.
- For topping, whip the whipping cream with the sugar until stiff peaks form. You can always use Cool Whip, but there’s nothing that beats real whipped cream for flavor!
- Spread whipped cream over top of pie.
- At serving, top each pie slice with a lemon "twist" (a thin slice of lemon, with one cut from the outer edge to the center of the slice, the 2 cut edges then separated in opposite directions and the ends poked into the whipped cream, making the slice “stand up” on the pie slice). I've also garnished each slice with a candy lemon "fruit slice" like you can buy at the candy stores...very pretty either way.
- Keep refrigerated.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating9 people
Oh Krum....this sounds so summery and refreshing. Thank you for sharing!jett2whit in Union City loved it
I love lemon pie. This will be great. L.lasaf in St. Paul loved it
I know this lemon pie must have a unique taste with the sour cream in it. Sounds wonderful!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!