Over-the-top Zucchini Bread MuffinsFrom shine 7 years ago
- 1 pound zucchini shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 ½ teaspoon freshly ground cinnamon shopping list
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground allspice shopping list
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 ¼ cups sugar shopping list
- ¼ cup light brown sugar shopping list
- ¼ cup plain yogurt shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- ½ tablespoon white vinegar shopping list
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil (I like to use high-quality sunflower or safflower oil) shopping list
How to make it
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees. Generously coat the muffin pan with vegetable spray. If you want to make a loaf -- then use a 9 x 13 inch loaf pan, coat that with vegetable spray
- Shred the zucchini and place in a colander with small holes or a sieve and squeeze the moisture out of it... not all of the moisture needs to be removed, but you should get a fair amount out.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, and salt in large bowl.
- Whisk sugar, yogurt, eggs, vinegar, and oil in bowl until combined.
- Gently fold yogurt mixture and zucchini into flour mixture using a spatula until just combined. Transfer batter to prepared pan. If making muffins, fill the muffin cups ¾ full.
- Bake until golden brown and skewer inserted in center comes out with a few crumbs attached, 45 to 55 minutes. For baking muffins, start checking at 17 minutes, they should be done sometime between 17 and 25 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire rack to cool at least 1 hour before wrapping.
The Cookshine Rainier, WA
The Rating8 people
This muffin recipe is excellent! I LOVE zucchini anything and believe me, zucchini muffins are right up there. You've got my high 5!peepers in loved it
Hot, just out of the oven, lots of butter. I just drooled! Another great one, Ray.sas in Farmington loved it
mmmm zucchini mmmmmmmmm Okay, sorry I was daydreaming for the moment. (mouthwatering, eyes glazing - oh damn...woke up) These sound awesome! You get a 5 from me.loxy in The World loved it