Mango banana custard tartFrom ahmed1 7 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp castor sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 4 ½ cups flour shopping list
- Method: shopping list
- Cream butter and sugar together until smooth. Add eggs one at a time followed by flour. roll the dough into balls and wrap in a cling wrap. Leave to chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours before rolling in a 22cm tart pan. Trim all excess. Bake blind, covered with foil and filled with beans at 360F for 15 minutes. Cool. shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 3 large eggs, beaten shopping list
- ¾ cup castor sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 7 tbsp flour shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- Zest of 1 lemon shopping list
- 400ml coconut cream + 50ml heavy cream shopping list
- 2 mangos, peeled and thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 big bananas, thickly sliced shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tbsp almond flakes shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter, softened shopping list
- 2 mangoes, peeled and thinly sliced shopping list
- apricot jam for glaze shopping list
How to make it
- Beat together eggs, sugar, vanilla essence, flour, salt and lemon zest.
- Heat coconut cream and heavy cream until almost boiling and add to the batter. Arrange mango and banana slices at the base of the prepared pastry and sprinkle with lemon juice, brown sugar and almond flakes. Pour the batter over the fruit and dot with butter.
- Bake in a preheated 360F oven for 40 to 45 minutes until the filling sets and the top is golden brown. Cool completely.
- Arrange sliced mangoes over the top and brush with jam. Chill.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating17 people
What a beautiful presentation and the flavors are wow! recipe is outstanding, Ahmed.... you are a genius.... Really thanks my friend..berry in Winter Park loved it
Gorgeous cake! I love mango!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Perfect, Fantastic and fabulous! Im sure, by the looks of it, it was very tasty. I love coconut cream! It has to taste wonderful with bananas and mangos. What a gorgeous flower in the middle! Thanks again..so good!michellem in Idaho loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!