Rainbow Sandwich CookiesFrom mountainmama 7 years ago
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix shopping list
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted shopping list
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 3 food colors shopping list
- Granulated sugar, if desired shopping list
- 1/2 tub Betty Crocker® Whipped vanilla ready-to-spread frosting shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F. Stir cookie mix, margarine, flour and egg in
- medium bowl until soft dough forms. Divide dough evenly among 3 bowls;
- tint each dough by stirring in a few drops of desired food color.
- 2. Shape 1/3 cup of each color of dough into a rope about 5 inches long
- and 1 inch in diameter. Place ropes side by side and a little more than
- 1/4 inch apart on floured surface; roll until 1/4 inch thick. Cut with
- 2- to 2 1/2-inch egg-shaped cookie cutter so each cookie has 3 colors.
- Sprinkle with sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Repeat with remaining dough. (When rerolling dough scraps, carefully lay
- matching colors together.)
- 3. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely,
- about 30 minutes. Spread frosting on bottoms of half the cookies.
- Top with remaining cookies.
People Who Like This Dish 31
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating26 people
WOW!This is fabulous work.ambus in Lahore loved it
These cookies are beautiful, Who cares what they taste like!!! I'm sure they taste just as good.
Ferrocookinggood in Leesburg loved it
Wonderful recipe! Don't know if we have that cookie mix here in South Africa.liezel in Bloemfontein loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!