Two Cheese BreadFrom chefjeb 7 years ago
- 1 pkg or 1 tbs yeast shopping list
- 1 tbs sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup warm water (not above 110 degrees) shopping list
- 1 cup grated extra sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 cup milk, warmed (not above 110) shopping list
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 3 to 4 cups bread flour shopping list
- 2 tbs butter, melted and cooled to warm shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let proof until bubbly
- Add milk, whole wheat flour, salt, butter, egg and incorporate into a slush.
- Add 3 cups bread flour and cheeses and begin kneading.
- If using a mixer, knead until dough pulls cleanly away from sides of bowl. Continue adding flour until this happens and dough forms a ball. Knead until a silver dollar size piece stretches without tearing.
- Place in greased bowl and let rise until doubled.
- Punch down and form into greased loaf pan
- Let rise until doubled.
- Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes, or until lightly browned and bottom taps hollow. If it browns too fast, cover with foil for final minutes of baking. Rotate in oven halfway through baking to achieve even browning.
- Immediately remove from pan and let cool on wire rack
- Cut with serrated knife.
The Cookchefjeb Carthage, MS
The Rating6 people
You are THE BEST! I knew who to ask and you surely came up with a winner. I have memories of being a child and having sandwiches on cheese bread and thinking nothing could be more enjoyable.borinda in SoCal loved it
You get my 5. Love your avatar. Good old warm Dixie beer at a Saints game!!!gingerlea in Tampa loved it
Dough on its first rise. Forgot to pick up the cheddar but I did have some smoked mozzarella. Trying it.
Very nice loaf Chefjeb. Even though I didn't have the cheddar. Put it in a loaf pan a size too small and wound up big ears and top. Ne...morepointsevenout in Athens loved it