Savory Country Applesauce BiscuitsFrom lanacountry 6 years ago
- Wonderful savory applesauce biscuits shopping list
- 2 cups sifted flour shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cold butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup applesauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cut in the butter.
- Combine the egg, applesauce and sour cream; mix quickly with the dry ingredients. (do NOT over handle)
- Turn out onto a floured surface; knead lightly then roll out dough to 1/2−inch thickness.
- Cut into 2−inch biscuits and arrange on a baking sheet. Sprinkle the cheese over the biscuits and bake 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
The Cooklanacountry Macon, GA
The Rating20 people
Applesauce and sour cream and Cheddar cheese - I really have to make these - they sound so delicious! High 5!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
This gets a high fiver from me also, Lana! Great recipe, and thank you :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
love applesauce, and this recipe
Petedagnabbit in Barrie loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!