The Best Tailgate MeatballsFrom pink 6 years ago
- 1 lb. Mild pork sausage shopping list
- 1 lb. lean ground beef shopping list
- ½ cup seasoned breadcrumbs shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- ¼ cup milk shopping list
- ½ cup finely diced vidalia onion shopping list
- ½ teaspoon each - salt and pepper shopping list
- Optional: pretzel sticks shopping list
- Foil Casserole Dish shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients and shape into 1 ½ inch balls. Place on a lightly greased jelly roll pan or cookie sheet. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes, turning after 15 minutes.
- ½ cup apple jelly
- ¼ cup spicy brown mustard
- ¼ cup whiskey
- 1 tsp each- Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco sauce
- Combine sauce ingredients in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Cook for one minute, then add meatballs and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring to make sure they all get coated.
- I find the best way to store these is in a disposable foil casserole dish (about $1-2 dollars at the grocery store).
- You can put them in the fridge overnight, then just toss the foil dish right on the grill on Sunday. They reheat in about 5 or 10 minutes.
- Serve with pretzel sticks (tastier than toothpicks, and no splinters!).*wink*
The Cookpink USA
The Rating20 people
I love the idea of the pretzel sticks... thanks Pink you are the party Queen!!!peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Sounds like a winner! I like to serve pretzel sticks with meatballs or sausages it is so much nicer not having to throw away the toothpicks and it helps save a tree!lol I like the use of whiskey in the sauce with the apple jelly! High 5!dmajor in Slidell loved it
Very clever!! ;)angelgal in New Philadelphia loved it