Fruitloops Rainbow CheesecakeFrom tippystclair 7 years ago
- Ingredients for fruit loops crust: shopping list
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted + 1 Tbspmelted for greasing the pan shopping list
- 4-5 oz. crushed fruit loops (about a 1/5 to 1/4 of a box depending on the size) shopping list
- Filling ingredients: shopping list
- 2.5 lbs (5 eight oz packages) cream cheese, cut into 1-in cubes and softened to room temperature shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 large egg yolks + 6 large eggs shopping list
- Red, blue, green and yellow food coloring shopping list
How to make it
- Making the crust:
- Preheat oven to 250 F and adjust the rack to the lower middle position.
- Grease a springform pan with 1/2 Tbsp of softened butter.
- It is a good idea to wrap your springform pan in foil to prevent leaking.
- Combine crushed fruit loops and butter.
- Spread mixture evenly in pan with a flat-bottomed measuring cup.
- Bake for about 5- 10 min until slightly toasted and fragrant.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Making the filling:
- Set oven to 500F.
- Beat cheese in a bowl for 1 minute on low speed.
- Add salt and half the sugar, then beat.
- Add remaining sugar and beat.
- Add sour cream, lemon, and vanilla and beat.
- Add yolks and beat.
- Add eggs, two at a time and beat.
- (Tip: Before you add the eggs make sure there are no clumps or air pockets. These will cause cracks in your cheesecake. Do not mix longer than necessary.)
- Now color your filling:
- Divide the plain filling into five equal parts.
- Mix and match your basic colors of food dye to make an array of colors and color each cup of filling a different color.
- Slowly pour layer by layer into prepared crust. POUR FILLING EXACTLY INTO THE CENTER EACH TIME. Filling will spread on its own.
- Baking and cooling:
- Get a pan larger than your springform pan (it should be at least 2-3 in deep).
- Place the cheesecake pan in the larger pan and put in oven.
- Quickly fill the pan with water at least halfway up the springform pan(using a pitcher prevents spilling any water).
- Bake cheesecake for 10 min at 500F.
- Without opening oven door, decrease oven temperature to 200F.
- After 45 min check the center of your cheesecake with a cooking thermometer. Once your cheesecake reaches an internal temperature of 150 remove it from the oven.
- Transfer the cake to a wire rack and cool for 2-3 hours at room temperature
- Wrap cheesecake and cool in for at refrigerator for 3 more hours.
- *Your cheesecake can be refrigerated for up to 4 days.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating7 people
Now that is something else!! What an awesome presentation!! I wish I could give you 10 forks!!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
this is so cute! and a great idea! thanks for sharing!magali777 in Mexico loved it
whoaaaaaa kath beautiful i love the colors have you seen my disney tied dye cheescake similar in colors love it love it love it and fruit loops wow............high 5minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!