Breakfast Fiesta WrapsFrom keni 6 years ago
- 1lb ground breakfast sausage shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 1-2T milk or half and half shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 jar salsa of your choice(I use black bean and corn, usually) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped hot peppers(if canned, add when adding salsa, if fresh, add when adding green peppers and onions)--optional shopping list
- 1-1 1/2 cups shredded cheese(I like the Mexican or Fiesta blend) shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
- 12 "taco size" flour tortillas shopping list
- fresh cilantro, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- In large skillet(I use my cast iron, of course ;), brown sausage, adding peppers and onions about halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, salt and pepper and just enough milk to give fluffy quality.
- Drain meat if needed.
- Add egg mixture to sausage mixture and cook on medium heat, stirring often, to scramble eggs.
- Once eggs are done, remove from heat.
- Add salsa(and jarred/canned peppers, if desired) and mix to combine.
- Warm tortillas in another skillet(I use ANOTHER cast iron for this, too ;) until pliable.
- Place about 1/2 cup filling on each tortilla, top with cheese.
- Roll away from you, tucking filling as you go, to create "wrap" when done.
- Top with sour cream, more more salsa and cilantro, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating5 people
sounds great! We get so tired of the regular breakfast routine.jett2whit in Union City loved it
A good way to wake up in the morning. I have made breakfast wraps in the past. But I like your recipe much better. Thank you for sharing. *5*
Tilgidhtilgidh in Blackshear loved it
mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it