Oporto Famous Sandwich - FrancesinhaFrom gourmetana 5 years ago
- Sandwich: shopping list
- 2 slices of white bread shopping list
- 2 slices of smoked ham shopping list
- 4 slices of cheese shopping list
- 1 grilled sausage shopping list
- 1 fried or roasted slice of beef shopping list
- Both the sausage and the beef should be cooked or reheated before assembling the sandwich shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1 beer shopping list
- 1 cube of chicken stock shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter shopping list
- 2 tbsp concentrated tomato paste shopping list
- 1/4 cup brandy or Port shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- chilli flakes to taste shopping list
- salt (if needed) shopping list
How to make it
- Dissolve cornstarch into the milk and add all the ingredients. Blend the liquid mix on a food processor.
- Put it into a pan over low heat and add the bay leaves . Stir it until it starts to boil. It's ready - reserve.
- Assemble the sandwich and save 2 slices of cheese.
- Put the sandwich on a plate and place the 2 slices of cheese on top.
- Pour the sauce over the sandwich (should be hot, so the cheese melts).
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookgourmetana Aveiro, Portugal
The Rating13 people
I ate this on my trip to Porto! Loved it! Thank you for the recipe!mamakim in Charleston loved it
This sounds and looks delicious!mamalou in Attleboro loved it
I really like this sandwich. The flavors jump out at you. What cheese do you like to use? I would like Gorgonzola. With the meat combination it would not take away from the natural flavors. The sauce is wonderful. Chicken broth, tomato and wine. Alwa...morelanceoferin in Blackshear loved it