Naan BreadFrom capedread 7 years ago
- 1 x 7g (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast shopping list
- 1 cup warm water shopping list
- 1/4 cup white sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 4 1/2 cups bread flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Let stand about 10 minutes, until frothy.
- meanwhile melt butter and add garlic set aside for grilling.
- to the yeast mix stir in sugar, milk, egg, salt, and enough flour to make a soft dough. Knead for 6 to 8 minutes on a lightly floured surface, or until smooth. Place dough in a well oiled bowl, cover with a damp cloth, and set aside to rise.
- Let it rise 1 hour, until the dough has doubled in volume.
- Punch down dough,
- knead dough again
- Pinch off small handfuls of dough about the size of a golf ball.
- Roll into balls, and place on a tray. Cover with a towel, and allow to rise until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- During the second rising, preheat grill to high heat.
- roll one ball of dough out into a thin circle.
- Lightly oil grill.
- brush with garlic butter
- Place dough on grill, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until puffy and lightly browned.
- turn over and brush with garlic butter
- cook until browned, another 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from grill,
- and continue the process until all the naan has been prepared.
- makes about 14 naans
The Cookcapedread Peterborough. Cambridgeshire, GB
The Rating9 people
Big flat bread fan, I make it about once or twice a month. This looks like a great recipe, Next time I make it I will give this one a try.
mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
Oh yumm - these look and sound great and I love naan. The next time I make it, I'll use this recipe. Thanks so much! :) Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
Wonderful, I don't have to buy it at the grocery store anymore, this looks better anyway. '5'brianna in loved it