Country Chuck Roast With Onion GravyFrom coffeebean53 7 years ago
- 4 lbs chuck roast shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- salt and pepper (this is for the roast) shopping list
- 1 large onion, peeled and whole shopping list
- 5 cups water shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Rub the salt, pepper, and brown sugar into all the sides of the roast.
- Place the meat and the whole onion into an roasting pan.
- Roast in a 450°F oven for 15 minutes, flip the roast over and roast for an additional 15 minutes.
- Whisk together the water, flour, 1 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Pour the flour mixture into the roasting pan and reduce the oven heat to 350°F and roast for 2 hours or roast for 3 hours at 300°F, flipping the roast over once at the midpoint of the cooking time.
- Cover the pan if the meat looks like it is drying out.
- Chop the onion into the gravy before serving.
The Cookcoffeebean53 Charlotte, NC
The Rating14 people
I made this tonight wondering how it would turn out? Well, it is now one of my favorite roast recipes. My family loved it and so did I! Thank you for posting a great recipe. :Dshandy in Port Orchard loved it
This looks yummy. I'm going to make this for dinner tonight.oregongrandma in loved it
We had this tonight for dinner. It was soooo good! There was enough for us to have tomorrow night too. Yeah, it's that good! You got my 5.oregongrandma in loved it