Cuban Roast Pork SandwichesFrom tippystclair 5 years ago
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1+1/2 to 2 lb pork tenderloin, fat and membrane trimmed shopping list
- 4 thin slices swiss cheese (or cheese of your choice) shopping list
- 8 slices sourdough bread shopping list
- 1 tsp olive oil shopping list
- pickled onions and peppers (see post) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Mash the garlic, salt, pepper, and cumin together to form a paste. Rub the paste on the pork tenderloin and place in a small roasting pan.
- Roast at 450F for 20 to 25 minutes, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 155F.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cut the pork into thin slices.
- Layer the pork, pickled onions and peppers, and cheese between slices of bread.
- Heat half the olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat until the surface shimmers.
- Add two sandwiches and cover pan with foil.
- Weigh down the foil-covered sandwiches with a heavy skillet and one or two heavy cans, or a brick covered with aluminum foil.
- Cook until the sandwiches are brown on the bottom (3 to 5 minutes), remove the weights, turn the sandwiches over, and cook until brown on the other side.
- Repeat with the remaining oil and the other two sandwiches.
- Cut sandwiches in half and serve immediately with french fries or potato chips.
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating10 people
Wonderful, love Cuban Food! Thanks Kath, Markymarky90 in Dearborn loved it
Love pork Tenderloin this way and fried thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Cuban food is soooo good and I love these pork sandwiches! Great post!shepherdrescue in Lake Forest loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!