Smoked RibsFrom kellyg72 5 years ago
- Rack of Ribs (2 is what we do) shopping list
- The Rub: shopping list
- 1/4 Cup of brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 Cup of paprika shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. kosher salt shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder (Pete uses 2) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. celery seeds shopping list
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground ginger shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground tumeric shopping list
- The Basting Sauce: shopping list
- 1 1/4 Cups of cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 small onion, minced shopping list
- 1 tsp. hot red chili flakes shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt shopping list
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all rub ingredients, set aside.
- Combine all basting sauce ingredients, refrigerate.
- Take rub and massage (rub) onto ribs.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- We use a upright barrel smoker with charcoal.
- cook in covered smoker for about 6-8 hours. We usually smoke towards 8 hours.
- Baste with basting sauce once every hour.
- Also since we have two racks in the smoker, we switch the meat from one rack to the other once also since one is closer to the heat.
- *Also for the extra flavor we use pieces of Applewood from my uncle's place.
- **if you are using a gas grill, maintain a heat of 250.
- These are fantastic!
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookkellyg72 Roseville, MN
The Rating6 people
that sounds great.i have a smoke recipe you might want to check out for ribs
its called 321
cover with your fav rub, wrap in saran wrap overnite
3 hours on the grate of smoker spritz every hour with apple juice
dur...morefrodo in meadville loved it
Good morning Kelly, I have been looking for a good Smoked Rib recipe. Thank you very much for sharing. You have my 5. Have a wonderful day... Cherylcherylannxo in Santa Nella loved it
gravy out of the smoker water
measure and reserve 1 tbl of fat skimmed from the dripping of the dripp pan. for each tbl of fat use 1 tbl flour
in sauce pan over med high heat
then stir in 1/2 cup of drippings and 1/2 cup of water co...morefrodo in meadville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!