Slow Cooker Awesome Ale-Soaked Pork Ribs and VeggiesFrom mystic_river1 5 years ago
- Marinate 4 hrs to overnight shopping list
- Cook: 8 hours low, 4 hours high shopping list
- ------------------------------------------- shopping list
- 2-1/2 to 3 lb. bone-in pork country-style ribs shopping list
- 1 12-oz. bottle dark ale or stout or nonalcoholic beer shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. finely shredded lemon peel shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. dried rosemary, crushed shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 8 small gold or red potatoes (8 oz. total) shopping list
- 12 oz. peeled fresh baby carrots shopping list
- 1/4 cup cold water shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch shopping list
- radishes (optional) shopping list
- Fresh rosemary sprigs (optional) shopping list
- Shredded lemon peel (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Place pork in a large self-sealing plastic bag set in a shallow dish. Add ale, garlic, lemon peel, dried rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Seal bag. Turn to coat.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally.
- Place potatoes and carrots in bottom of 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Transfer pork ribs to bed of carrots and potatoes.
- Pour ale mixture over all.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting 8 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting 4 to 4-1/2 hours.
- Remove pork and vegetables from cooker.
- Cover; keep warm. Pour cooking juices through fine mesh sieve set over a heat-proof bowl to strain.
- Measure 2 cups of cooking juices, adding water to make 2 cups, if necessary.
- Stir together water and cornstarch in medium saucepan.
- Add 2 cups strained juices.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Serve sauce with meat, vegetables, and radishes.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary and lemon peel.
People Who Like This Dish 13
- PMact Kensington, MD
- periwinkle Barnwell, SC
- herby Albany, NY
- elgab89 Toronto, CA
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- lor Toronto, Canada
- apple_28 Vaughan, CA
- dman412 Loxahatchee, FL
- capedread Peterborough. Cambridgeshire, GB
- Plus 3 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating19 people
JoyMarie... you've got me drooling ;) This "5" fork fab is going to be up there with my crockpot/slowcooker recipes. Thanks for sharing and the ale is a must!
Cheers!!!lor in Toronto loved it
sounds delicous thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Dinner and a drink all at once! Fantasticmark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
CrockPots Are Cool Again852 members
Comfort Foods769 members
Winter Dishes56 members
Seasonally Fall81 members
Seasonally Winter73 members
CrockPot Capers163 members
Pork To Go97 members
Family Favorites138 members
Frugal Pantry Cookers184 members