All-in-one Chicken and vegie roasting bagFrom ronnymarcus 6 years ago
- 1 chicken, divided into sections, or selected chicken pieces. shopping list
- 8 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8ths. shopping list
- 2 large onions, peeled and cut into 1/8ths. shopping list
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 2" slices. shopping list
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces, (same size as potatoes). shopping list
- 4 stalks of celery, cut into 4" slices. shopping list
- 1/2 kg pumpkin, cut into 1/8ths. shopping list
- 2 Marrows, (zucchini), cut into pieces, (same size as potatoes), No need to peel. shopping list
- 1 whole garlic peeled and separated into cloves, Peel the cloves. shopping list
- Any other vegetables you like. If you don't have any of the above, Don't run out specially to get it. shopping list
- ################################# shopping list
- SAUCE: shopping list
- 1/3rd cup of honey shopping list
- 1/4 cup of olive-Oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup of Soy-sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground Bay-leaves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger, (optional). shopping list
- Any other spices you like. shopping list
How to make it
- Put all the Vegetables into a large bowl , (or two if there is no room).
- Put the chicken pieces into another bowl.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the sauce, (mixer or shaker or blender)
- Pour part of it over the Chicken and part over the vegetables.
- With your hands, Mix in the sauce with the vegetables and the sauce with the Chicken.
- Take a large size roasting bag, (or two if you need them), and fill it alternating between chicken and vegetables.
- Tie the bag closed and turn it over a few times, (Just for that extra mix).
- Place in baking tray.
- With a toothpick , Make a few holes in the top part of the bag to release excess pressure while roasting. IMPORTANT!
- Roast in medium oven,(180*c) , centre rack, for at least two hours. Dont Worry! It won't burn.
- Remove from oven.
- Cut off corner of bag over gravy container. BE CAREFUL! IT'S HOT!
- Put chicken and vegetables in serving dish.
- If some parts are slightly burned, Save them for yourself. It's the best part.
- Don't forget to thank me for this recipe!
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookronnymarcus Jerusalem, IL
The Rating8 people
Thank you for the recipe :)
Arthurcookingforfun in Marblehead loved it
Super real meal deal, Ronnie!! Love it, ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
and group added..(FFF) :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
WOW !!!!! fantastic!!! could you make this for me i dont like fish but i do love chicken yummmm
and i like the cookin bags fast and easy clean up and the chicken is so moist.........ill bring wine and dessert !!!! oh thank you Ronny for this r...moreminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it