Pumpkin Cake with Buttered Rum GlazeFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- STAND TIME 30 MIN shopping list
- ------- shopping list
- pumpkin cake with buttered rum glaze shopping list
- -------------------------------------------------- shopping list
- 1 C sweet butter shopping list
- 2 C Imperial sugar or Dixie Crystals dark brown sugar shopping list
- 2 C pumpkin puree shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2-1/4 C flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tsp. allspice shopping list
- 1 tsp. ginger shopping list
- 1/4 C sour cream shopping list
- 1 C chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans) shopping list
- buttered rum glaze shopping list
- -------------------------- shopping list
- 4 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 6 Tbsp. Imperial sugar or Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. Imperial sugar or Dixie Crystals dark brown sugar shopping list
- 4 Tbsp. dark rum shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 10-inch tube pan. Cream the butter with the brown sugar.
- Beat in the pumpkin puree and then add the eggs one at a time, whipping each one in well before adding the next. In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients and the sour cream alternately to the pumpkin mixture.
- Stir in 1/2 of the nuts and pour or spoon the batter into the prepared tube pan.
- Bake for one hour and 5 minutes, or until a cake tester (or toothpick) inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool at room temperature for 10 minutes before unmolding it. Sprinkle the remaining chopped nuts over the top, and pour the warm glaze over it.
- Allow cake to stand another half hour before slicing and serving.
- BUTTER RUM GLAZE
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Add the granulated and brown sugar, stir well, then add the rum, orange juice and cream.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Pour over cake while still warm.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating29 people
OMG. This is a knock your socks off recipe. Yummers, yummers, yummers, and just in time for the holidays. Great post my friend and if I could this would get 10 forks, but I'm limited to 5. Great job.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Wow This sounds so good! I Love Pumpkin everything and the Butter Rum Glaze. Yummy Thanks for sharing Kim ;)kimberry in Mesa loved it
This sounds great - I love the warm flavors. This would be very good for the holiday dessert table or even as a gift! Thanks for sharing. - Nataliefizzle3nat in Waterville loved it