Little Shells Crab N Creamy Brie CheeseFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- nonstick cooking spray shopping list
- 1 medium sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced shopping list
- 5 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1 lb. dried small or medium shell pasta shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- small dash hot sauce shopping list
- 1 lb. brie cheese, trimmed and chopped (reserve 8 small wedges for topping, if desired) shopping list
- 2 6- to 6.5-oz. cans lump crabmeat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed shopping list
- or you may use shredded crab meat shopping list
- 3 slices firm one day old white bread, torn into large pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly coat eight 14-to 16-ounce individual baking dishes with cooking spray; set aside.
- In large skillet cook onion in butter over medium-low heat about 15 minutes or until tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, cook pasta in 4-quart Dutch oven according to package directions; drain and return to pan.
- Add flour, salt, and pepper to onion in skillet; stir until combined, about 1 minute.
- Add milk all at once.
- Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- Gradually add chopped cheese; cook over medium-low heat until cheese melts.
- Stir into pasta.
- Fold in crab.
- Transfer to baking dishes.
- Place bread pieces in food processor; cover and process to coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle crumbs over pasta mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through and crumbs are golden brown.
- If desired, add a wedge of Brie to each dish the last 5 minutes of baking time.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating15 people
Nice recipe You must have been reading my mind.
I was thinking of shells. Love this Little Shells Crab N Creamy Brie Cheese baked in individual dishestrigger in loved it
Very different than anything I've seen.
Deserves nothing less than a 20, Joymarie!
Thanks for always sharing such unique and delicious dishes...
Deb~ :Dpinkpasta in Upstate loved it
Love it! So unique and gourmet. Brie cheese and crabmeat in pasta sounds like a holy trinity.juels in Clayton loved it
Comfort Foods775 members
Everyday Chefs68 members
Pasta Place196 members
101 A Cheese Place145 members
Companys Coming115 members
Friends In The Kitchen316 members
Man Food60 members
Delicious Foods39 members
All Things Cheese76 members
Quick Simple And Tasty52 members