Vodka Pot RoastFrom markeverett 7 years ago
- 4 lb. beef roast shopping list
- 2 T. olive oil shopping list
- salt/ pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 medium onion, cut into rings shopping list
- 1 can (14 oz.) chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 T. worchestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 T. hot sauce (Tobasco, or your favorite) shopping list
- 10 martini olives, quartered shopping list
- 3 T. olive "juice" shopping list
- 1 cup vodka shopping list
- 3/4 cup tomato juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- cooked white rice shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet.
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
- Brown beef on all sides, about 4 minutes per side.
- Add onion to crock pot
- In a separate bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, whorchestershire, olives, olive "juice," pepper sauce, vodka, and tomato juice.
- Place ringed onions in crockpot.
- Add browned roast.
- Pour remaining ingredients over roast, put lid on and cook for 8 hours.
- After cooking for 8 hours, reduce to warm and remove 3 cups of liquid to a sauce pan.
- Bring to a simmer..
- Mix flour into 1 more cup of liquid (with the some of the onions and tomatoes and olives) and mix well.
- SLOWLY add flour mixture into pan with simmering pan juices.
- Cook on low for about 10 minutes to get rid of the "raw flour" flavor.
- Remove roast to a serving dish and slice. Serve with rice and gravy on top.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookmarkeverett Riverside, CA
The Rating11 people
Yum, love everything about this recipe. The combination of ingredients is incredible. Great post and a high 5 my friend. Yummers, yummers, yummers.chefmeow in Garland loved it
See...vodka is good in everything!
Nice post this sounds wonderful!pat2me in Nashua loved it
Sounds like a pot roast cooked in a giant bloody mary......;-)~ Im in!!!!! High 5jimrug1 in Peoria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!