Super Yummy Pulled PorkFrom jencathen 8 years ago
- Dry Rub: shopping list
- 3 tablespoons paprika shopping list
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard shopping list
- 3 tablespoons coarse salt either sea or kosher shopping list
- INGREDIENTS shopping list
- 1 (4 pound) Pork Roast- Bone OUT shopping list
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle root beer (I use Diet Barq's) shopping list
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce shopping list
- 8 hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Put dry rub on pork night before. Let sit in fridge all night.
- Place the pork in a slow cooker; pour the root beer over the meat.
- Cover and cook on low until well cooked. I turn the meat over half way through cooking because the top since it isn't submersed in the cooking liquid isn't as tender. It takes about 6-8 hours.
- Drain meat well and shred. Place back in the crockpot or in a bowl stir in one bottle of barbecue sauce and serve on buns.
The Cookjencathen TX
The Rating12 people
I can't wait to try. This sounds great and better than my own pork pulled recipe.junecleaver in Rocklin loved it
Thank you Jen this sounds scrumptious. Got plenty of BBQ sauce too..
Love the photo
Five forkstrigger in loved it
Looove pulled pork and the root beer is a brilliant idea! Got my 5!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
CrockPots Are Cool Again856 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Southern Cooks561 members
Good Down Home Southern Food196 members
Checkin Central284 members
Mississippi Girls33 members
Meat Glorious Meat62 members
Cheap N Easy53 members
World Of Warcraft Cooks4 members
World Of Warcraft In The Kitchen6 members