Mushroom Pancakes In Cheese SauceFrom juels 5 years ago
- 1 sm. packge fresh white mushrooms (about 250 gr.) shopping list
- 2 tbsp. flour shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 handful basil leaves, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. of salt, or to taste shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. pepper shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
- For the cheese sauce: shopping list
- 1 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1 tbsp. flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated cheese (like cheddar, or colby) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Wash and pat dry the mushrooms. Cut in half, drizzle with oil and bake in a 375F oven on a lightly greased cookie sheet for about 10 min., or until lightly browned.
- Chop the mushrooms in a food processor, until chopped finely.
- Add flour, beaten egg, chopped basil leaves, salt and pepper to the mushrooms. Stir to combine.
- Drop spoonfuls on a preheated skillet and fry in batches in about 3 tbsp. of oil on both sides until lightly golden. Add more oil if necessary during cooking. Remove to the plate and pour the cheese sauce on top.
- For the cheese sauce:
- Melt 1 tbsp. of butter in a skillet. Stir in the flour and cook 1 min. Whisk in the warm milk. Add thyme, salt and pepper. Whisk and cook until slightly thickened. Stir in the cheese. You can adjust the sauce consistency by adding more milk for the thinner sauce, or adding more cheese for the thicker version.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookjuels Clayton, NC
The Rating7 people
Love this! Thanks for sharing.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
I love this idea Julia a good change from meat and just as tasty.
Five forkstrigger in loved it
oh how goodpuddlewonderful in Beverly Hills Adjacent loved it
Russian Speakers22 members
Russian American Food Lovers35 members
Appetizers And Dips267 members
Eat Enjoy Your Veggies51 members
Quick N Easy Dishes39 members
Bazil World25 members
Time Saving Recipes40 members
Vegetable Side Dishes58 members
Fungus Amoung Us35 members