Potato Dumplings with Goat CheeseFrom juels 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs raw potatoes, peeled and shredded shopping list
- 2 1/2 lbs cooked and mashed potatoes shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup goat cheese shopping list
- 1 tbsp. honey shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp. chopped rosemary shopping list
- 1 tbsp. chopped chives shopping list
- oil for deep frying shopping list
How to make it
- Boil 2 1/2 lbs peeled potatoes until soft. Mash them with a potato masher. Add 1/4 cup of milk, 1 tbsp. butter, salt and pepper to the mashed potatoes. Mix well.
- Grate the raw potatoes and squeeze out liquid. Mix with the mashed potatoes.
- Mix goat cheese with honey and herbs. Set aside.
- Separate the potatoes into 10 mounds. Place mound in hand and flatten out like a pancake. Place 1 tsp. of goat cheese mix in the center and pinch the edges to seal the cheese inside, making a ball.
- Fill your deep fryer half way with oil and heat to 325F. You can also use a sauce pot, if don't have a deep fryer. Be careful, oil will be HOT!
- Fry dumplings in batches, flipping over once, until golden brown. Remove with the slotted spoon and drain on papaer towels.
- These are best when served hot. They just melt in your mouth and have a nice, creamy filling.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookjuels Clayton, NC
The Rating10 people
This is like a potato version of Arancini. Great recipe!luisascatering in San Carlos loved it
Great recipe. Have never seen this version before.sheba in Lac La Biche loved it
Great, thanks. 5 from mecookingforfun in Marblehead loved it