Cauliflower au GratinFrom chefelaine 5 years ago
How to make it
- Separate the cauliflower into florets.
- Place the cauliflower and lemon juice into boiling, salted water.
- Return to boil, lower heat, and cover.
- Simmer until just tender.
- Do not overcook, as it will cook further in the sauce.
- Butter the bottom of a baking pan or hotel pan and place the cauliflower in it about 2 in deep.
- (Individual ovenproof serving dishes may also be used instead.)
- Cover with the hot sauce.
- Mix together the bread crumbs and cheese and sprinkle evenly over the top.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the top.
- Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes to heat through.
- Brown the top under the broiler or salamander.
- Adding lemon juice to cooking water helps to keep white vegetables white. It may be omitted if desired.
- Substitute cheddar cheese sauce for the béchamel or Mornay, and use grated cheddar cheese instead of parmesan for topping.
- Other vegetables may be prepared au gratin, such as asparagus, Belgian endive, broccoli, brussels sprouts, celery, celery root, leeks, and turnips.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating58 people
Another superb post. I want to try this very soon. 5 forks, Elaine. You keep posting the hits!! ~Linlinspj in New Hartford loved it
Wonderful,as usual!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Great post and a 5 forks here..... I like cauliflower and with cheese it is to die for.kytigger in Louisville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!