Crabby Stuffed Shells With Asiago Cheese SauceFrom mystic_river1 5 years ago
- 30 high-end brand Jumbo Shells shopping list
- 12 -16 oz. crab meat shopping list
- 1 tbsp. of green pepper, very finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tbsp. of red onion, very finely chopped shopping list
- 3 tbsp. real butter, divided shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- 1 egg well beaten shopping list
- 2 cups milk, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup oil-based mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 tbsp. flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated asiago cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, sauté green pepper and onion in 1 tsp. melted butter (do not let it brown) until tender.
- Combine the crab meat, spices, egg, 2 tbsp. milk, vegetables, and mayonnaise. Spoon mixture into shells. Spray the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish with cooking spray, place stuffed shells in dish in a single layer.
- Melt 2 tbsp. of margarine in saucepan.
- Over low flame, stir in flour with a wire whisk and gradually add 1-1/2 cups of milk.
- When sauce is smooth, stir in Asiago cheese. Drizzle sauce over shells.
- Sprinkle top with Old Bay seasoning.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbling.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating19 people
I am so glad I stopped to take a look at such a nice recipe. The sauce is divine rich and smooth.trigger in loved it
I agree with trigger. Sure will be trying this one soon. High 5 my friendbrianna in loved it
Great combination of flavors! I believe the colors on this dish will be sublime!elgab89 in Toronto loved it