Jivey Chivey Mashed Red PotatoesFrom mystic_river1 5 years ago
- 3 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 2-inch pieces shopping list
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter cut into small pieces, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups heavy cream, at room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Italian parsley leaves shopping list
- 1 bunch chives, minced shopping list
How to make it
- Put the potatoes in a large saucepan and add cold water to cover them by at least 4 inches. Bring to a boil over medium heat and continue boiling until the potatoes can be pierced through the center with a sharp knife, about 20 to 25 minutes. Be careful not to overcook, or they’ll be mushy.
- Working quickly, place the potatoes in a colander, shaking it gently to drain excess liquid. Immediately return the potatoes to the pot (but do not put it back on the heat).
- Using a rigid whisk or handheld potato masher, break the potatoes into smaller pieces. Mash the butter into the potatoes a few pieces at a time. Make a well in the center of the potatoes and drizzle in the cream, mashing it in until the desired consistency is reached.The potatoes should remain a little lumpy.
- Fold the parsley and chives into the potatoes, and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating23 people
Well... there go the hips again! LOL
Nothing has been tasting good lately.. this sounds so good...
Thanks for the post..linebb956 in La Feria loved it
Great recipe love chives thanks Joymariemomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
yum. 5 from mecookingforfun in Marblehead loved it