Potato Fry Aloo bhaja Bengali styleFrom chandrima 8 years ago
- 4 potatoes large size, Cut in small cubes shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves, Smashed and chopped coarsely shopping list
- 1 dry red chilly shopping list
- 1 tsp black cumin seed shopping list
- 1 medium onion coarsely chopped shopping list
- 3 green chilly finely chopped (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder shopping list
- 3 tbsp oil for frying (as per requirement for pan fry) shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- sugar to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a flat pan. We usually use an utensil called KADAHI, which deep in the middle.Looks somewhat like a salad mixing bowl.
- Add the Dry red chilly breaking in 2 halves
- when the chilly is fried to blackish red.
- Put the black cumin seed fry for 30 secs
- Now add the Onions and garlic fry till transclucent in colour
- Now add the turmeric powder and the green chillies
- Add 1/6 tsp of sugar
- Add the cubes of potatoes and fry till tender on high for 20 secs and on low flame till tender.
- Add salt to taste
- Increase the flame and stir fry for 1 mins.
- Serve with steam rice, rotis, pita bread.
- Granish with some chopped coriander leaf.
The Cookchandrima Delhi, IN
The Rating7 people
This sounds really good to me and I'm always looking for new ways to prepare potatoes. Great post and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Love this !hayleesgrandma in Waldron loved it
Very nice. Love the flavors......jimrug1 in Peoria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!