Pasta E FagioliFrom chefelaine 4 years ago
- 6 oz Dried cranberry beans shopping list
- 3 1/2 oz olive oil shopping list
- 3 oz pancetta (unsmoked Italian-style bacon) ground or chopped fine shopping list
- 3 oz onion, chopped fine shopping list
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, chopped ine shopping list
- 1 1/2 oz carrot chopped fine shopping list
- 1 1/2 oz celery chopped fine shopping list
- 2 fresh sage leaves chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp Fresh rosemary chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp Chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 1/4 qt water shopping list
- 1/2 oz tomato paste shopping list
- to taste --- salt shopping list
- 1/2 lb Dried fettuccine broken shopping list
- 6 tsp Grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Clean and rinse the beans.
- Soak in cold water overnight.
- Heat 4 fl oz olive oil in a heavy saucepan over moderate heat.
- Add the pancetta and cook, stirring from time to time, until crisp.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, leaving the fat in the pot.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery, garlic, sage, rosemary, and parsley to the pot.
- Sweat in the reserved fat just until the vegetables start to become tender.
- Drain the beans and add them to the pot.
- At the same time, add the water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until the beans are almost tender, about 45 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste.
- Continue to simmer until the beans are very tender.
- Remove about half of the soup and pass it through a food mill to purée it.
- Return it to the pot with the rest of the soup.
- Season to taste with salt.
- At this point the soup should be thick but still liquid enough to cook the pasta when it is added.
- If necessary, add a little more water.
- Add the pasta and simmer until it is tender.
- Stir in the reserved pancetta.
- Serve each portion topped with 1 teaspoon cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
- If cranberry beans are not available, use white kidney beans.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating60 people
LOVE this stuff! had it in restaurants, but never had a recipe! Thanks so much for sharing. High 5 to you!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
this is my very favorite soup i crave it and every once in a while gotta run to olive garden to get it with there salad hahaha.............
ten plus for me
TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I've been looking for a great Pasta Fagioli recipe for a long time! I'll have to try this one! Sounds wonderful!lilliancooks in Long Island loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!