I Wish I Had Taken A Picture Of This Stir FryFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 1 small bag long grain rice, rinsed shopping list
- 1 bag frozen stir-fry veggies shopping list
- 1 sliced yellow onion sliced in strips shopping list
- 2 cloves slivered garlic shopping list
- 1 can baby corn drained shopping list
- 1 can water chestnuts shopping list
- 1 lime juiced shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- pepper (not pepper mill) shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- sesame oil stir fry sauce shopping list
- chicken broth shopping list
- cornstarch shopping list
- sesame seeds, toasted shopping list
How to make it
- About an hour before you are going to cook, marinate the thawed scallops, onions, pinch of salt and ground pepper to taste in a bowl with enough oilive oil to cover and add juice of one lime.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- When ready to cook the stir-fry start your rice and should be done at the same time. Cook according to directions or use a rice steamer.
- In a large saute pan twice around with sesame oil.Medium high.
- add garlic for 2 minutes.
- quickly cook and then remove the partially defrosted veggie stir-fry
- turning stove down to medium add the baby corn and water chestnuts for 2 minutes.
- While that is cooking drain the scallop onions and quickly rinse off excess. Just a spritz.
- Add to pan. Put back to medium high. Cook for 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add 1 can broth bringing to boil inpan
- Add cornstarch to thicken stirring to blend after each addition.
- Add stir fry sauce 1 tablespoon at a time until it is to your taste.
- Remove from heat
- Add stir-fry veggies and cover.
- Keep the veggies 'green'
- Serve rice in each bowl and add stir-fry and delicious gravy over.
- Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds over.
- That's it! I hope you enjoy.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating26 people
Works for my fiver Jm..you know I love my stir frys..after the one I did last night..I think I love them all!! :) was so funny JB USUALLY hates
squash (so he says) :) anyway, I went it the fridge and said 'J, where did we put all that leftover s...morelanacountry in Macon loved it
great recipe - yep I wish you would have taken a picture too!! Mmmm yumjett2whit in Union City loved it
Love this too. High 5brianna in loved it