TEQUILA - CHIPOTLE- SHRIMPFrom minitindel 8 years ago
- 2- canned chipotle chiles in adobo shopping list
- 3- 4 -tablespoons tequila shopping list
- 2- tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1- tablespoon ketchup shopping list
- 1- tablespoon adobo sauce from the chipotle can shopping list
- 1- clove garlic chopped shopping list
- 2- teaspoons light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4- teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 -pound about 20 -25 medium shrimp shelled and deveined shopping list
- 1- tablespoon olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- in a small food processor , combine the chipotles, tequila, lime juice, ketchup, adobo, garlic, brown sugar and salt
- process until smooth
- put the shrimp in a nonreactive bowl
- pour the mixture over them and marinate at room temperture for 30 minutes
- transfer the shrimp to a strainer, letting any excess marinade drip back into the bowl reserve the marinade..............
- set a heavy skillet over high heat and heat until very hot
- add the oil and swirl to coat the skillet
- add the shrimp and cook tossinf and stirring just until cooked through but still moist about 2 minutes
- transfer to a serving dish
- add the marinade to the pan and bring to a boil scraping the pan often cook 15 seconds longer.
- pour the sauce over the shrimp and serve immediately.............
- serve 4 to 6
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating12 people
Love the spicy chipolte chiles in adobo blended with the tequila and sweetness of the brown sugar - you have conquered a wonderful dish! and oh - pair it with the Trailer Trash Punch - I'm so there!!!!! Great dish - deserves 5555!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it
Sounds very good, Tink!! 55555 :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
Yummy, yummy, yummy, great post Tink and of course a high 5. Yummers.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!