TEQUILA - CHIPOTLE- SHRIMPFrom minitindel 6 years ago
- 2- canned chipotle chiles in adobo shopping list
- 3- 4 -tablespoons tequila shopping list
- 2- tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1- tablespoon ketchup shopping list
- 1- tablespoon adobo sauce from the chipotle can shopping list
- 1- clove garlic chopped shopping list
- 2- teaspoons light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4- teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 -pound about 20 -25 medium shrimp shelled and deveined shopping list
- 1- tablespoon olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- in a small food processor , combine the chipotles, tequila, lime juice, ketchup, adobo, garlic, brown sugar and salt
- process until smooth
- put the shrimp in a nonreactive bowl
- pour the mixture over them and marinate at room temperture for 30 minutes
- transfer the shrimp to a strainer, letting any excess marinade drip back into the bowl reserve the marinade..............
- set a heavy skillet over high heat and heat until very hot
- add the oil and swirl to coat the skillet
- add the shrimp and cook tossinf and stirring just until cooked through but still moist about 2 minutes
- transfer to a serving dish
- add the marinade to the pan and bring to a boil scraping the pan often cook 15 seconds longer.
- pour the sauce over the shrimp and serve immediately.............
- serve 4 to 6
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating12 people
Love the spicy chipolte chiles in adobo blended with the tequila and sweetness of the brown sugar - you have conquered a wonderful dish! and oh - pair it with the Trailer Trash Punch - I'm so there!!!!! Great dish - deserves 5555!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it
Sounds very good, Tink!! 55555 :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
Yummy, yummy, yummy, great post Tink and of course a high 5. Yummers.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!