Secret Sweet Potato CasseroleFrom marky90 7 years ago
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1 Tbs honey (secret) shopping list
- 2 eggs -- well beaten shopping list
- 1 stick butter -- ( 1/2 cup) cold to help make crumb shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans preferred) shopping list
- 1/3 stick butter -- melted shopping list
How to make it
- Combine brown sugar,cinnamon, flour, nuts and 1/3 cup cold chopped butter in mixing bowl. Set aside. This is the crust.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine mashed sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, nutmeg, vanilla, honey, eggs and butter in a mixing bowl in the order listed.
- Mix thoroughly. Pour mixture into buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serves 6 Hint: Double the recipe. People will love the leftovers, which also freeze beautifully
- Cook time includes baking the sweet potatoes.
People Who Like This Dish 108
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating23 people
The "secret" is out. High 5!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Yummy. I love them sans marshmallows!!! I might add just a smidgeon of bourbon, just because it tastes good. I love the topping.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
the secret is its fabulous i love it yum yum
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!