Secret Sweet Potato CasseroleFrom marky90 4 years ago
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1 Tbs honey (secret) shopping list
- 2 eggs -- well beaten shopping list
- 1 stick butter -- ( 1/2 cup) cold to help make crumb shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans preferred) shopping list
- 1/3 stick butter -- melted shopping list
How to make it
- Combine brown sugar,cinnamon, flour, nuts and 1/3 cup cold chopped butter in mixing bowl. Set aside. This is the crust.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine mashed sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, nutmeg, vanilla, honey, eggs and butter in a mixing bowl in the order listed.
- Mix thoroughly. Pour mixture into buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serves 6 Hint: Double the recipe. People will love the leftovers, which also freeze beautifully
- Cook time includes baking the sweet potatoes.
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating21 people
The "secret" is out. High 5!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Yummy. I love them sans marshmallows!!! I might add just a smidgeon of bourbon, just because it tastes good. I love the topping.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
the secret is its fabulous i love it yum yum
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!