Make It Yourself--baked Beans In The Slow CookerFrom keni 5 years ago
- 1lb dry navy beans(or other dried white bean of your choice), rinsed, soaked and simmered anddrained, per package directions shopping list
- 1 large onion, finely diced shopping list
- 1/2lb bacon, uncooked, and diced shopping list
- 1 can tomato sauce(about 14 oz or so) shopping list
- 1/2 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1 cup water(add more toward end of cooking IF needed) shopping list
- 1/2 cup molasses shopping list
- 2T red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1T dry mustard shopping list
- 1-3t cayenne pepper(to taste..we like a bit of a kick to 'em :) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste, but start with a t, each, then add to taste, cus they're beans...they need salt :) shopping list
How to make it
- In skillet, cook diced bacon and onion until onion is tender and bacon is cooked, but not crisp.
- Meanwhile, add remaining ingredients other than mustard, salt and peppers, to slow cooker that's been sprayed with no stick spray.
- Add bacon and onion and stir to combine ingredients.
- Cook on low about 8 hours, seasoning with remaining seasonings about half way through cooking time, then taste every couple hours, if possible, and continue to season, as needed.
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating8 people
Sound GREAT Keni!! 55555 and added to FFF group!
(and more)lanacountry in Macon loved it
love these baked beans I love the kick too high6momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I always make beans for our family get-togethers as my father loves them although he is really picky! He loved these! So did the whole crowd. When my dad wants the leftovers, I know I've done good. My beans took 11 hours to cook, however I have f...morefrankieanne in Ukiah loved it