Tempeh Reuben With Caramelized Onions And Russian DressingFrom trigger 6 years ago
- Marinated Tempeh: shopping list
- 1 package of tempeh sliced thin. shopping list
- 4 tablespoons of Brag amino acid shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of worcestershire sauce shopping list
- FOR THE RUSSIAN DRESSING: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ketchup shopping list
- 2 teaspoons capers shopping list
- 1 teaspoon relish shopping list
- FOR THE SANDWICHES: shopping list
- Two slices of 10 grain bread. shopping list
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil divided shopping list
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- A dash of worcestershire sauce shopping list
- A dash of soy sauce shopping list
- A pinch of brown sugar shopping list
- 2 slices swiss cheese, such as Jarlsberg shopping list
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut shopping list
- vinaigrette AND MIXED GREENS: shopping list
- ½ cup of mixed greens shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice. shopping list
How to make it
- PREPARE RUSSIAN DRESSING: Whisk mayonnaise and ketchup in a small bowl until smooth stir in capers and relish.
- TO PREPARE SANDWICHES: Heat 2 teaspoons oil on a griddle over medium-high heat until translucent.
- Grill the tempeh for ten minutes turning after five minutes .
- MIXED GREEN VINAIGRETTE:
- Place the mixed greens in a bowl add the olive oil and either the lemon or the vinegar and mix well.
- Add dash of soy sauce and a dash of Worcestershire sauce then a pinch of brown sugar then a pinch of sea salt.
- Continue to fry onions until golden brown transfer the mixture to a plate.
- Coat the griddle with the remaining 1-teaspoon oil and return to medium heat.
- Add the bread.
- Add half of the Russian dressing on each slice of bread.
- Add a slice of cheese then the Tempeh then the caramelized onions.
- Grill until cheese is melted.
- Separate then top slice of bread then and add the sauerkraut to the sandwich.
- Add the mixed greens and replace the top slice of bread.
- Cut the sandwich in half enjoy!
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating12 people
Yum yum!! I love this recipe, looks gorgeous and yummy! Big 5 from me! Flagged beautiful!gourmetana in London loved it
seriously good recipe. 5 from mecookingforfun in Marblehead loved it
Goy my 5!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Asian Fusion113 members
Top Chef102 members
Vegetarian 4 Carnivores46 members
Checkin Central283 members
HEALTHY LIVING43 members
Friends In The Kitchen314 members
Bugs Bunnys Favorite6 members
Heat In The Kitchen315 members
Checkins Round Table39 members
Compiling A Cookbook9 members