Luscious Four-layer Pumpkin CakeFrom minitindel 5 years ago
- 1 -pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix shopping list
- 1- can (15 oz.) pumpkin, divided shopping list
- 1/2 -cup milk shopping list
- 1/3 -cup oil shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, divided shopping list
- 1- pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 -cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1- tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed ( i think real whipped cream is in order for this beauty) shopping list
- 1/4 -cup caramel ice cream topping shopping list
- 1/4 -cup Chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) round baking pans. Beat cake mix, 1 cup pumpkin, milk, oil, eggs and 1 tsp. spice in large bowl with mixer until well blended.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- BAKE 28 to 30 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 10 min. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese in small bowl with mixer until creamy. Add sugar, remaining pumpkin and spice; mix well. Gently stir in COOL WHIP.
- CUT each cake layer horizontally in half with serrated knife; stack on serving plate, spreading cream cheese filling between layers.
- (Do not frost top layer.)
- Drizzle with caramel topping just before serving; sprinkle with nuts. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Tips .....................
- How to Slice and Stack Cake Layers
- Place 1 of the cooled cake layers on serving plate. Make 2-inch horizontal cut around side of cake, using long serrated knife. Cut all the way through cake layer to make 2 layers. Remove top layer by sliding it onto 9-inch round cardboard circle. Frost cake layer on plate with 1/3 of COOL WHIP mixture. Slide top half of split cake layer from cardboard circle onto frosted layer on plate. Place the remaining unsplit cake layer on a cutting board. Cut into 2 layers as done for the first layer. Repeat process of transferring cake layers to stacked cake layers on plate using the cardboard circle.
- Omit caramel sauce. Microwave 10 KRAFT Caramels and 1 Tbsp. milk in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until caramels begin to melt. Stir until caramels are completely melted. Drizzle over cake just before serving; sprinkle with pecans.
- Prep time 20 min
- Makes 16 servings
- Bake 30 min
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating11 people
This sounds yummy to me! Thanks for posting this recipe! What a great idea for a Thanksgiving dessert!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! What a beautiful cake and it sounds SPLENDIFEROUS!! I'm with water lily though..it will have to be REAL whipped cream. Flagged as beautiful!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
WOW!!! Sounds and looks great! Gets a BIG WooHoo 5!annielikestocook in Annacotty loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!