Spumoni BiscottiFrom luisascatering 8 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup softened butter shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup dried bing cherries (or marachino cherries, if ya wanna be old school!) shopping list
- Melted chocolate for drizzling/dipping shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Beat butter with sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time; add extracts. Beat in flour mixture. Stir in cherries and nuts. Shape dough into 2 logs and place on baking sheets, 3 inches apart. Bake for 40 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- Remove from oven and reduce heat to 250 degrees F. Allow logs to cool slightly.
- Using a serrated knife, cut logs into 1/2 inch thick, diagonal slices. Transfer slices to baking sheets, standing upright. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are golden and cookies are almost completely dry. Cool on rack.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Dip half of each cookie into melted chocolate or drizzle (as I have done in my photo); set on wax paper to cool. Store in an airtight container.
- Serve with cups of espresso or cappuccino.
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating8 people
They look wonderful! Good luck in the contest.clbacon in Birmingham loved it
They sounds super good...YUMMY!!!Good Luck...I'm sure you'll win the contest.ambus in Lahore loved it
Fantastic recipe! Hope you win the contest!juels in Clayton loved it