Emerils Baked Spinach And Artichoke DipFrom sparow64 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- salt shopping list
- cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (about 2 ounces) shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack (about 2 ounces) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onions shopping list
- 1 (10-ounce) bag fresh spinach, stemmed, rinsed and chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic shopping list
- 2 (15-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and julienned shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine 1/4 cup of the vegetable oil and flour in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir the mixture constantly 5 to 6 minutes for a blond roux.
- Whisk in the milk and bring the liquid up to a boil.
- Season the liquid with salt and cayenne.
- Simmer the liquid for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the liquid is thick and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the cheeses. S
- et the sauce aside.
- In a saute pan, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions and saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in handfuls of spinach at a time, until all the spinach is incorporated. Add the garlic and artichoke and saute for 2 minutes. Season the vegetables with salt and cayenne.
- Remove the vegetables from the heat and turn into a mixing bowl. Fold the cheese sauce into the vegetables.
- Turn the mixture into a baking pan. Bake the dip for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating9 people
Sure sounds good to me!! HIGH FIVE! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Yummy! Sounds delicious! Will be definitely trying this! Added to "there is no choke in artichoke" group.juels in Clayton loved it
This sounds wonderful!! Looks like a great Super Bowl recipe!
Thanks for the post.
Ferricookinggood in Leesburg loved it