Steak With Wild Mushroom Sauce Over Cheddar Broccoli Rice-ciFrom keni 8 years ago
- 2lb thin steak of your choice( I used strip steak) shopping list
- 2 cups rice shopping list
- 3 cups chicken stock or water for rice preparation(I prefer to use stock) shopping list
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets, chopped fine shopping list
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 red pepper, chopped shopping list
- about 8oz fresh mushrooms, chopped(I used wild, but any variety will work) shopping list
- 6oz cream cheese, very soft shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- 1/3 cup olive oil shopping list
- salt, pepper, and steak seasoning of your choice shopping list
How to make it
- In large pan, bring water(and or stock)to a boil, reduce heat and add rice and broccoli and let simmer about 20 minutes. (or, your favorite way to make rice, with a rice cooker, for example)
- Season steaks on both sides with your favorite steak seasoning. Heat about 2-3T olive oil in large cast iron or other skillet, and sear steaks on both sides.
- Reduce heat and cook to desired doneness.
- Remove from pan and set aside and keep warm.
- To skillet, add another T or so of olive oil and saute mushrooms, garlic, onions and red peppers for about 3 minutes.
- Add wine to pan to deglaze, and continue to cook veggies in wine until it reduces by about 1/2(about 5 minutes)
- Add cream cheese and stir constantly to cover veggies with sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When rice is done, add shredded cheddar and toss to combine and melt cheese.
- Serve a strip steak over a bed of rice and top with mushroom sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating5 people
You did a fantastic job. Sounds wonderful!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Looks and sounds very tasty! Great idea for the cream cheese-wine sauce!juels in Clayton loved it
Have to agree, Keni...Great job!!sharyl4 in Mohave Valley loved it